Fall is the time of year where our immune systems can take a hit, and it's especially hard to keep up with work and school if you're not on your A-game. We all want to stay healthy during the fall season, and who wouldn't want to ditch the synthetics and use 100% pure, natural plant remedies to boost your immune system this fall? Nature's living energy: essential oils, have the power to change your wellness routine and empower you to live a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 5 essential oils that I always use during the fall and winter season to stay healthy and full of energy. If you're ready to re-evalute your health routine & ditch toxic chemicals, then read on! These oils have made a radical difference for my family, and I want to share with you how we use them in our wellness routine. Not only are they safe and effective, but they are also so easy to use!
5 Essential Oils for targeted immune support
1. Thieves - Thieves is a blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus radiata. The legend goes that a group of spice traders became thieves during the highly contagious bubonic plague. The four thieves robbed the sick, dead and dying, and were protected from the highly contagious germs. They were eventually caught by the King's men, and forced to tell the secret to their immunity. When the King learned their secret, he had the thieves oil recipe posted throughout the city.
This proprietary Young Living blend has been approved by Health Canada as a natural health product (NHP). Thieves can be inhaled or used topically to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. Diffuse thieves during the day or night to purify the air. You can also apply a couple drops to the bottom of your feet, or add 10 drops to a 10 ml roller bottle and apply topically.
2. Oregano - This versatile oil is warming to the skin and promotes a strong sense of comfort and relaxation. Many people are familiar with the benefits of taking oregano oil capsules during cold and flu season. Oregano contains carvacrol and thymol, two natural plant phenols which act as antiseptics and antioxidants. Oregano also contains pinene and terpinene, which are antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and have anesthetic properties. Linalool, and bonreol are other natural chemical constituents found in oregano oil, which also contribute to it's antiviral and antiseptic qualities.
Add 2-3 drops to a veggie capsule with thieves, and lemon essential oil for immune system support during cough and cold season.
3. Lemon - Lemon essential oil is rich in naturally occurring D-Limonene. It can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cough or cold. Add a couple drops to a veggie capsule with fractionated coconut oil to take internally, or add 1 drop to a teaspoon of honey to soothe a sore throat while boosting immunity!
4. R.C. - is an invigorating blend of cypress, spruce, and three varieties of eucalyptus that is comforting when applied to the chest and throat. R.C. is approved as a natural health product in Canada, and can be inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough.
To combat congestion, add R.C. to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam from the mixture. Or, you can make your own "vapo rub" by adding R.C. to coconut oil, and massaging it into your chest. This is a blend you will always want to have on hand for fighting congestion and coughs in the fall and winter!
5. Immupower - is a powerful blend of Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven while increasing positive feelings. Immupower contains: Hyssop, Mountain savoury, Cistus, Camphor, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense), Oregano, Clove, Cumin seed oil, Dorado azul seed oil. In Aromatherapy clove (one of the key constituents in immupower) is approved as an NHP, and can be used topically or inhaled reduce the symptoms of cold & cough. Diffuse during the fall and winter to energize the body.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of coconut or olive oil and apply topically.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Make your own cold and flu bomb capsules...
Don't like the taste of oregano oil? You're not alone, not many people do! The easiest way to take oregano oil internally is in a veggie capsule.
In a veggie capsule add: 3 drops oregano, 2 drops thieves, 1 drop lemon + 6 drops olive oil. If you are making a large supply of essential oil capsules in advance, you can freeze them to ensure that they don't dissolve.
QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils offer the greatest benefits when they are in their natural, pure state. Oils that are cut with synthetic chemicals, diluted, or extracted using chemical solvents have been altered from their natural state and lack the beneficial components that pure essential oils provide.
Young Living essential oils are pure, which makes them powerful and effective. Young living is world leader in essential oils, and has the highest standards to guarantee safe and effective products. To start purchasing essential oils at 24% off retail right away, you can enroll for your Young Living wholesale account with this link: http://bit.ly/EnrollWithJasmine.