Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
This hazelnut chocolate chip cookie skillet is gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Made with wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar, it's a healthy and delicious dessert!
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 5 tablespoon water, let sit for 5 minutes to thicken
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup hazelnut butter I used nomz, 100% organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour or tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips dairy-free/ vegan
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Mix wet - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flax egg, maple syrup, hazelnut butter, and vanilla.
Combine - Fold in the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt. Add the chocolate chips last, leaving a few extra to sprinkle on top in the next step.
Bake - Lightly grease an 8 - inch cast iron skillet with avocado oil or coconut oil. Pour in the cookie dough (it will be quite thick and sticky due to the flax egg thickening)! Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350ºF. It should be gooey in the middle but fully cooked through on the outside. Enjoy!