Cranberry Apricot Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
These cranberry apricot oatmeal breakfast cookies are great grab and go breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. Packed with healthy ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds - they are nutritious but taste so good!
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats I use sprouted organic rolled oats
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds aka pepitas
- ¼ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unflavored collagen peptides is optional, adds protein. Can omit if needed.
- ¼ cup dried cranberries unsweetened
- ½ cup dried apricot cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs * see note 1
Mix Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients including the: rolled oats, sunflower seeds, almond flour, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, collagen (if using) dried cranberries, dried apricots, chocolate chips, cinnamon and salt.
Mix Wet Ingredints
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients including the: eggs, tahini, honey, and vanilla extract. Wisk to combine.
Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to spoon cookie batter onto the prepared baking tray. I used 1 large baking tray, and 1 small baking tray as this recipe makes 18 cookies if using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop. Press the batter down using a fork or clean hands - these cookies will not spread in the oven.
Place the oven rack towards the top half of the oven (to ensure the bottoms of your cookies don't burn). Bake at 350ºF for 10 – 12 minutes, monitoring closely. They will be just slightly golden in colour when finished. Pull them out of the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before placing them on a cookie rack to cool. Enjoy!
- Flax eggs did not work well for this recipe. You can try swapping, but I found the cookies didn't hold together as well.