This summer peach cucumber salad is packed with fresh herbs from the garden and topped with a honey dijon white balsamic vinaigrette. Made with baby arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, peaches, mint, basil thyme and summer savory.
August has to be one of the best months of summer – not only are peaches in season, but the mosquitoes/ black flies have mostly died off, here in cottage country! You can bet we’ll be enjoying this peach cucumber salad with our dinner outside for the rest of the summer… until peach season is over!
This is my go-to salad to enjoy in the summertime – packed with fresh herbs and veggies from the garden, and with a sweet and savoury white balsamic vinaigrette to bring out all the flavours. Enjoy this salad as a side with some almond flour chicken fingers, and crispy oven fries!
- Fresh peaches – sliced up with the skin on. If you want to get fancy, you can also grill your peaches on the BBQ! To do this, slice them in half and drizzle on both sides with olive oil. Grill on medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Let cool, then slice and enjoy on this salad.
- Arugula – I used baby arugula, but baby spinach or a lettuce mix would also work!
- Veggies – I used cucumber and fresh cherry tomatoes on this salad. You could also add avocado, or fresh berries such as blueberries or sliced strawberries.
- Herbs – I used thai basil, mint, summer savoury and thyme for lots of extra flavour. But, you can really use whatever herbs you have on hand or in your garden. Herbs are packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and are a great way to add lots of nutrients to your meal.
- Dressing –
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Prepare the dressing – In a small jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing including white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, sea salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad – In a large bowl, add the baby arugula. Top salad with peach slices, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and herbs. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Hint: Once the dressing is on this salad, it doesn’t store very well. The arugula or spinach will likely wilt and go soggy. If you’re preparing this ahead of time, I’d recommend storing the salad dressing separately and drizzling it on just before serving.
Store the salad (without dressing) in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Peach Cucumber Salad with Herbs
- 4-6 cups baby arugula
- 2 peaches sliced
- ½ small cucumber thinly sliced
- 6-8 large cherry tomatoes sliced
- summer savoury
Honey Dijon White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard or mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic crushed; optional
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Step 1 – In a small jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing including white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Step 2 – In a large bowl, add the baby arugula. Top salad with peach slices, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and herbs. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss gently. Serve immediately.