The best coconut flour gluten free pancakes ever! These fluffy pancakes are delicious, healthy, and perfect for Sunday morning brunch.
Blueberry pancakes have always been a special tradition in our family growing up. At our cottage in Northern Ontario, we used to pick baskets and baskets of fresh wild blueberries in the summer, and they have always been my absolute favourite food!
There’s nothing like pancakes made with fresh wild blueberries at the cottage, but these coconut flour gluten free pancakes are so fluffy and delicious, they come pretty close!
Lately I’ve been making this recipe every weekend because they are just so good. In the middle of winter in Canada, sometimes a warm cozy breakfast is necessary on the weekend to lift your spirits!
Of course you could make these with raspberries, peaches, or your favourite fruit. When I was little my Mom used to also make apple pancakes, by peeling the apples and adding them in little cut up pieces to the batter. Apple pancakes are especially good topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon!
I hope that you try making these, and if you do please leave a comment and let me know how they turn out! You can also follow my @nourishmintkitchen on Instagram for more recipes and inspiration!
Coconut Flour Gluten Free Pancakes
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp Monk fruit sweetener (monk fruit is sugar free, and it tastes great!)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk (or your choice of dairy free milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or other high quality oil such as extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil + a little extra for cooking
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Blend the wet and the dry, and let sit for at least 5 minutes. When working with coconut flour always let it sit for a little while after you’ve added liquid because it absorbs a lot of liquid and the batter will get thicker as it sits. This is good!
- Heat a cast iron frying pan and melt some coconut oil in it for cooking. Use a tablespoon to measure out the pancake batter. I like to add blueberries to the pancakes as they are cooking, but you can add your choice of fruit!
- Top with berries, bee pollen, and maple syrup!