I listened to positive affirmations every day for two weeks, and this is what happened! The results might surprise you!
All too often, our internal dialog is very negative, criticizing and self-destructive. What would it feel like if you replaced those negative thoughts with genuine, uplifting, positive affirmations? Well, I did a little experiment, and I can tell you – it feels pretty amazing to start shifting your mindset away from negative and racing thoughts!
About 6 months ago, I downloaded an app on my phone called ThinkUp. This app lets you record your own voice saying positive affirmations. You can choose from the suggested affirmations on the app, or make your own. It then plays back your affirmations with uplifting background music (of your choice). Your brain understands your own voice best, so when you listen to yourself saying affirmations it can be very powerful.
What are affirmations?
To “affirm” means to say something positively. Basically, an affirmation is a simple statement that brings emotional support or encouragement, and helps strengthen the connection between the unconscious and conscious mind.
When you start taking control of your thoughts, and making an effort to bring more positivity into your mind – you will become conscious of any repetitive and negative thoughts. Affirmations can help you get rid of those negative thoughts, and replace them with an overall encouraging and loving mindset. Read more about how affirmations actually rewire your brain >>
Over the past 6 months, I have used the ThinkUp app intermittently, but with no real schedule or commitment. When I did use it, I always noticed a difference in my mood and outlook – so I decided to make more of an effort to incorporate affirmations into my daily routine.
Every day for a 2 weeks, I listened to positive affirmations on my 10 minute drive to work (alone in the car)!
Here is what I noticed:
- My confidence was boosted, and fear of failure began to diminish.
- I arrived at work with a positive mindset and a smile, ready to take on the day!
- Instead of worrying about random things and stressing, I was more calm and relaxed throughout the day.
- I was began approaching difficult situations from a more positive mindset.
- I noticed myself smiling more often!
- I started focusing on being grateful for things that I already have in my life – and therefore felt less need to purchase new & unnecessary material things.
- Negative thoughts were replaced with hope and positivity.
- My creativity potential increased.
- I began to feel more clear in visualizing my goals.
- I felt empowered in my ability to create my own joy and happiness.
Affirmations for a positive mind + grateful soul
Here are 12 of my favourite affirmations that I have been listening to on a daily basis:
- I radiate love and happiness.
- I am driven by passion and purpose.
- Thinking positively is natural for me.
- I am so thankful and grateful for the abundance that I already have in my life.
- I am clear, committed and confident in my ability to succeed.
- Calmness washes over me, with every breath I take.
- I am releasing all my fears and worries, I am living my full potential.
- I am moving obstacles from my path to abundance.
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I have unlimited creativity, drive, and motivation.
- I already have it all. What I don’t see with my eyes is growing in my heart, expressed in my dreams, and on its way to my reality.
- I am a magnet for miracles.
Will I continue to use ThinkUp?
YES. I really enjoy using this app because it makes it easy to incorporate gratitude and positive affirmations into your daily routine. The best times to listen to affirmations are in the morning (right when you wake up), and in the evening before bed. I highly recommend trying it!
What are some of your favourite affirmations? What does your daily mindfulness / meditation / affirmation practice look like? Please share with us in the comments below, and don’t forget to like and share this post!